Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some of my most favorite Chick Flicks!

So as you all probably know, I'm a total and complete sucker for a good love story. Cheesy or not, a love story is a love story. I thought in honor of Valentines Day, I would make a little list of some of my all time favorite chick flicks. I love all these movies for different reasons, so I'm going to confess to you (sappiness included) why I heart each and everyone of them. I'm a total cheese ball, who just loves LOVE. Now, I need to watch them all. Anyone up for a movie night? Or should I say a couple of movie nights? ;) Happy Valentines Day! Hope you all have a cheesy moment of you own, even if it is just snuggling in a blanket and watching one of these movies tonight.



She's All That




"She kinda blew me off."

"I like her already."


Confession: Loved this show when I was a teenager. I watched it all the time. I don't know, something about Freddie Prince Jr....swoon. He is so stinkin' hot! I also loved that he loved her, even though it did start out as a bet, once he go to know her, he fell in love with her. Awwww..something about the Class President falls in love with the not so popular girl...I'm a sucker for that kind of love story.




Serendipity



"You don't have to understand. You just have to have faith"

Confession: I have a super soft spot in my heart for this movie. We watched it on our Honeymoon. I love how, even though they only met for a minute, and they try to get on with their lives. They are always thinking about each other. Destiny.




The Notebook



“So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.”


Confession: If you don't love this movie, then I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.




Tangled





"You were my new dream."

"And you were mine."


Confession: Yes, I realize that this is a cartoon Ha! But, like I told you, I'm a sucker for a good love story. And this is one of them. I mean Flynn Ryder dies for her! Actually dies! Holy smokes! If that isn't romantic I don't know what is?




10 Thing I Hate About You




"But mostly, I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not any at all."

Confession: I must have watched this show a million times. The bitter girl who doesn't care about anyone, but really on the inside she cares too much, the bad boy that gets paid to date her, then falls for her. The little sister who just wants to be popular, and her best friend who would do anything for her, who is also in love with her. The older sister learns that not all boys are bad. The younger sister sees that being popular isn't what she thought, finally realizes the boy she wants has been there all along. Not to mention she punches the popular dude in the face; twice at the dance. (I SO want to do that.) It's such a great love story, two great love stories, but a great message also. Awww...is anyone else having a moment here? Haha!




Sweet Home Alabama



"You're the first boy I ever kissed Jake and I want you to be the last."

Confession: Now, you can probably guess why I love this show right? This reminds me of my hubby and me. High school sweethearts. First loves are forever. Awww....




Never Been Kissed




"You know, that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy. And the only thing in focus is you and that person. And you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this gift. And you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that it will go away all at the same time."


Confession: Now, this movie makes me cry, laugh, scream at the TV, and swoon. Seriously, the girl had a horrible high school life, goes back at 25 under cover. Gets in with the popular crowd, falls for the teacher, then blows her cover because she can't stand to see the "popular people" humiliate her friend. Great message for all you high school kids. High school sucks, and it wont mean anything when it's over. And though this movie does not have a lot of romance through out it- it wins the best kiss award! Seriously, when the teacher runs down the bleachers to her, with the music and awww, he gives her the most epic kiss ever! Epic. I could watch that scene over and over. Right Chan? I know you love it too. :)




How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days



"Our love furn! It's dead.
"No, honey, it's just sleeping."
"You let it die! Are you gonna let us die? You should think about that."

Confession: This show is hilarious. Plain and simple. It's super cute how they drive each other so nuts, but when they finally act like themselves with each other, they fall in love.




27 Dresses



"I cried like a baby at the Keller wedding."


Confession: This show is so cute. I love watching Kevin slowly fall in love with her. And she thinks she's in love with her boss, but actually accidentally falls for the reporter, and doesn't even realize it until it's almost too late. I Love surprise love stories, you don't even know it's happening, but it totally is. :)




A Walk To Remember




"I might kiss you."
"I might be bad at it."
"That's not possible."


Confession: So I wasn't going to put this movie on here...I hate the ending of this movie, hate that she dies. Hate it. I'm all for happy endings, for some reason I can't handle the sad ones anymore..I'm pathetic I know. But, I loved this movie when I was 17, I watched it all the time. The love between Landon and Jamie was so raw and real, so beautiful. My favorite part of this movie was the cafeteria scene. When she is crying and starts to run out and runs right into Landon, and he punches his best friend for her...AHHH! Who wouldn't want someone to do that for you? Forget about what everyone else thinks, and just be with you. Love..but in my ending she is still alive. :)





Ever After




"Marguerite, I don't believe you've met my wife."


Confession: I almost forgot this one! AHH! This show is so...I don't even have word for it. Just that it's romantic, and I want to be a peasant who becomes a princess. Seriously, I do. Love this movie.




She's The Man




"No man... if you wanna kiss her... You go right ahead and you kiss her! I mean, knock your self out! You just take her... then kiss her. Then kiss the crap out of her!"


Confession: This show is hilarious. I laugh my butt off every time I watch it. It is quite literally, one of my all time favorite shows. Yes, it freaking funny, but there is also an awesome love story in it.



So there you have it! Some of my all time favorite chick flicks. Now, tell me some of your favorites, because I know I forgot some!?

1 comment:

I LOVE comments. :) Thanks for checking out my blog!